7.08.2009

My Hiatus

I just got back from a 4 day reunion with my extended family that came from Louisiana and other parts of Indiana. We all stayed at my mom's house, which has been the tradition since my grandmother was the matriarch of the house. The house is on the lake, and is large enough to cram a few families in to stay for a few days. Playing on the lake with my crazy family is one of my fondest memories and most favorite things to do. We ski, we swim, we throw each other off of wave runners ... fun is had by all.

Another activity that my family enjoys is a good debate. I sometimes participate, but it's usually a discussion that involves my Uncle Irwin, Uncle Bill, Aunt Peggy, and my cousin Kevin. You would think that after all these years they have already said all there is to say about their opinion on abortion or war or WHATEVER, but they have not. These debates will go on until the end of time! Sitting down to listen to them is another one of my favorite things.

This year was a little more hectic than prior reunions; we had a FULL house! To give you an idea of the insanity I just endured, I will list off who stayed in the house and where. My mom and her husband stayed in her bedroom, my brother slept on a blow up mattress in the sun room by the deck, an Aunt and Uncle stayed in my brother's old room, my cousin and his girlfriend stayed in the living room, John, Jackson, Archer, and I stayed in the front porch area on another blow up mattress, and upstairs in my old room were my cousin and his wife with 2 little ones, and my other Aunt and Uncle. Oh my GOD was it crazy! But, it was fun and wonderful to see how the family has grown.

Now, I am back home getting our lives back to normal. John is on a business trip and won't be home until Friday. So, I'm trying to keep busy and sane with my boys before he returns. I am going to attempt to get groceries soon. That should be a good time ... or really stressful! I could wait for other family members nearby to get off of work to watch Jackson while I shop, but we are out of so many necessities, that I can't wait.

No comments: