7.09.2009

High Five to Single Parents!

Seriously, how do they do it? I've only been without my husband for 4 days, and I am soooo ready to get John back home! I didn't even go one day without visiting family. I knew that while John was on this trip I would have a new found appreciation for single parents. I had a moment at dinner that surely arises in every household; a child refusing to eat dinner. After a near meltdown--for Jackson and me--the thought crossed my mind to just let him get his way so that I could have a peaceful meal and put an end to the madness. But, that was a quickly passing thought. Instead, I decided to persevere through this tantrum and convince Jackson that he does like the meal I made. He ended up eating it with some bribery involving chocolate chip cookies.

Bribery is ok, right?

No comments: